Monday 5 May 2014

The Long Weekend

My weekend started nice and early .Thursday evening to be precise with a lovely catch up with my friends from City Socializer. If any of you are finding your friendship groups have changed and you want to go out more and meet new people I cannot recommend this enough. I'm a full member at £12 a month but it's money well spent just the price of a coffee out really isn't it ? Take a look https://www.citysocializer.com.

    Anyway back to me.....the evening started with a drink in The Birdcage a really quirky place think Vintage cafe come clothing shop, with live music and a drinks licence. Then we moved onto Europa an Italian restaurant , there were 10 of us, 6 ladies 4 men a good number for chatting. Most of us had the set menu. I enjoyed my Aubergine, ragu and mozzarella starter. I know quite adventurous for fussy old me ! Then Spaghetti and Meatballs also very nice. Most people went home then but I went to Number One Harbourside with K, W and J, more live music. I got home at 1am in the end.

        Friday meant a train trip to Cheltenham after the school drop off, didn't know if I'd get there so many train delays because of a broken down train. I got there on time and was met by L at the station. We had a wonder around a few market stalls then settled in Cafe Rouge with a large pit of Earl Grey, bliss. We then met J and ordered lunch, also adventurous for me Haddock, Pea and cheddar fish cakes, yum. The three of us chatted as if we'd known each other for years, it was really relaxed no awkward silences. It was a great afternoon and I'm sure we'll catch up again soon, how I love this positive side to social media. I meet some truly wonderful people because of it.  

     Friday night ahhhh yes I think my head may still be feeling it ! The City Socializer Posh Do, an evening with far too many, is that possible , cocktails ! Goldbrick House being our main haunt, arrived 
in time for Happy Hour fancy that ! 
                                  
I think I was the only lady not in a black dress, good why blend in ?!!!?. The men looked super smart in Dinner Jackets and bow ties. Lovely to chat , mingle and meet new people without music blasting out. My favourite cocktails were High Tea Fizz and Bramble, god they were strong. Our CS host had negotiated another Happy Hour for us as well ! 1am we moved onto Be At One another Cocktail Bar, music is now blaring out, witnessed plenty of dodgy moves OMG ! 

         Well getting home in the Morning resulted in me having 2 hours sleep ! Hello Saturday ! Bit dehydrated but otherwise I survived. Met a friend in the local cafe for tea and cake, always good to catch up and have a natter. I then popped into Broadmead for a bit of shopping. S had the children plus their friends he took them to Puxton Park. How lovely to get ready for another night out in peace. I enjoyed a lovely soak in the bath , bath bomb, music, candles the works. Must say it's not really dark enough to set the mood for relaxation but I tried. 

    Went out for a meal with L and her neighbour M , managed just the one Strawberry and Lime Cider with my meal. We then went to Hotel Du Vin, the ladies enjoyed more wine but I must admit to flagging so a lovely pot of Earl Grey for me ! I think the Cocktail price list put me off also £9-10 ! I left the girls to it and caught the bus home, an early one home in bed before midnight. This is what a wore, a lovely new Monsoon Frock, looks like a Cath Kidston print. I think this dress will be worn a lot this coming Summer, perfect for #FrockFriday 
      
                                        

Yesterday was the first Keep Sunday Special of the Summer. This meant lots of streets closed to traffic and lots of stalls, street entertainment etc. This weeks highlight was Park Street being turned into a giant Waterslide ! Had to see this, love Park Street, lovely shops, cafés , Museum, Art Gallery and restaurants oh and of course Cocktail Bars ! 
         
                         

The guy in the picture above is P with glasses is one of my friends from CS I'm still not sure how he blagged a go ! Only 360 tickets were allocated by lottery after 97,000 applied ! The slide was shorter than I imagined and not so fast, fun all the same though.

   The highlight of the afternoon has to be these guys Granny Turismo , if they are ever performing near you go and have a look. I found if so funny and a little intriguing, my friend Z was a little disturbed by "Mary " on the purple trolley.
http://www.grannyturismo.net/grannyturismo/granny_home.html
                         
                       

Went to the pub with Leah, Conor and Millie in the evening for our meal. S still had Eloise and Henry, he took them to the Cinema and TGI's.

     Bank Holiday Monday has been our Sunday, I was upset though in my confusion forgot no Sunday Brunch boys to get stuck in the kitchen with ! Roast Gammon lunch, bolognaise cooked for tomorrow and fairycakes iced this morning. All with the help of Millie. 

                    
                       


Then these little beauties have just come out of the oven . White chocolate chunk cookies and milk chocolate chip cookies. Very delicious warm with a good cup of Costa coffee from my Tassimo machine.

      
       

I would like to say it's now time to chill with my lovely babies but I'm in the basement and I can hear Millie and Henry fighting over a play station Lego game from here. Perhaps it's time to retreat to the bathroom again or pop my headphones on and zone out :-) 

Happy Families Xxxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment