Friday 25 April 2014

Balanced Life

Well I'm glad to report the Happy Bubble wasn't burst on Wednesday. Eloise's outpatients appointment went well, normal ECG and echo, good result from 24hr B/P recording , even her Tacro level is behaving and is in range ! She's starting a new drug Ivabradine to bring down her heart rare but otherwise no change. I need to arrange for her to be seen in Bristol in 5-6 weeks then back to GOSH in July. We had a post clinic lunch date with three other transplant families in Ciao Bella which was lovely, we'd all had good news. 

       I think I've got a great work, life, family , me time balance now and feel very fortunate to have that. I'm really enjoying all that I have in my life, my children, my family, my home, my friends, my social life ! Lovely to have a social life again, I have quite a few nice things lined up in the next month . Meals out, Cocktail Evenings, a trip to meet two lovely ladies I've met through social media for lunch in Cheltenham and brunch dates with friends. Plus My trip to Newcastle with my friend Katie where I'll catch up with my Northern Heart Mums. 
        
Then I love spending time with the children as well, even when Millie wants me to go to some awful chick flick movie with her ! I enjoyed watching Blood Brothers with Eloise last week and a shopping trip to Bath with Leah and Millie. Henry has told me he wants another cosy day this weekend because on Easter Monday we snuggled under a blanket scoffing Easter Eggs and watching the Disney Films Frozen and Tangled, yes I know he's a boy ! He chooses the films, I must confess to watching iplayer with headphones when he watched a Barbie movie ! 

   Home wise , really need to get into the swing of sorting out this house, can't decide what to do first as so much needs doing ! It's my Victorian money pit !  I'm thinking back garden patio area, it needs a bit of attention as does the fencing on this side, city living means a small garden but I'm thankful for that now. I wouldn't have the time for anything more than our little patch ! Also in desperate need of some turf ! Grass never recovered from the outside building work and scaffolding ! 

        

Inside the house I think I need to get the living room done next, I need it all replastered, painted, new carpet etc. So that means I need to get cracking with stripping off the wall paper, any one else find that quite therapeutic ? Probably not going to buy much new furniture will get the sofas professionally cleaned, no point in new while Henry is still leaping all over them ! I just know the plaster is going to be shot and the mess get everywhere. All the ornate cornicing needs decades of paint removed from it, I'm not sure if this is something I will get done at this stage because of the financial implications ! 

                         

So that's the plan for now ! Just normal family life, how I love how that sounds, normality it's good isn't it ? 


No comments:

Post a Comment