Saturday 8 August 2015

The Hooks of Reality

       
 

Here I am on the Morning of our last full day in Turkey although we don't leave our resort until 9pm tomorrow. 

    It's been a relaxing break, I've read 6 books so far and I expect the tally to rise by at least another book. I've enjoyed swimming which is quite necessary here as you need to dip to cool down. We've had some great nights and and enjoyed delicious meals. The company has worked well for us all. I've slept well every night even if I wake early the sleep quality has been good.

       

     Now however I'm restless, awake extra early as my minds gone into overdrive. I'm thinking, working things out, mulling things over. My stomach is churning and unsettled and being an unadventurous eater I cannot blame the food ! 

I'm envisaging the large pile of letters waiting for us, a lot will be junk mail but there will be bills to settle and a letter or two from my solicitor. One a demand for payment for time spent on my case the other a proposal to put to S my Ex regarding our financial settlement. I need that settled so badly but appreciate it has to be done to ensure my children are provided for in the best way possible, the outcome needs to give them the security they deserve. 

      Then I'll need to be super organised as I think S is coming to collect Henry and Millie to take them to his house for a long weekend, I don't think Eloise wants to go. She'll need to rest anyway as we only arrive home at 3am Tuesday and we'll be on the 8.34am train to London on Wednesday. Not the best thought out time for an appointment but it's already delayed because of our holiday plans. So it's nearly GOSH Transplant clinic time , it always fills me with dread. Eloise has had puffy ankles while here only twice and once was post boat trip and the other within the first 48 hours of being here, so I'm hoping that's just heat related as it resolved quickly. She also has a bit of prickly heat but looks a picture of health , her factor 50 suncream has done the trick she's as pale as ever ! She's spent a fair amount inside on her Tablet, watching TV , eating chocolate delivered by Warren and partaking in her favourite pastime sleeping ! I'll be seeing my lovely friend Pineapple at clinic and her son who desperately needs a second transplant, looking forward to seeing how much Tay has grown and giving Pineapple a huge squeeze. That's the good part of clinic catching up with special friends who understand the life you are living. Never totally free from the shackles of transplant but desperate to make sure every day is a happy one. Forever thankful that your child got a transplant in time but forever fearful it won't work forever. Some days it's hard to get that balance as fear freezes you, then I look at Eloise and see a happy face , last night she was whizzy around on a fairground ride, enjoying herself. If others are happy she's happy, she asks for nothing in life more than that. I think she's amazing , her take on life is refreshingly simple if not sometimes of the wall ! 

                                       
      



   So more memories have been made, more photos, must do an album rather than just sticking them on Face Book or leaving them neglected on a memory card. I have albums of pictures until I got a digital camera then they all stopped, I hardly printed any pictures, sad really. I think this will be a good Winter project, downloading , backing up and saving precious memories. 

  So enough whinging, writing it down has helped like it always does. Life's good and we're very lucky to have had a wonderful two week holiday in the Sun and to have spent quality time as a family, when Millie's not on the wifi 😉 Looking forward to more lovey trips away with my gang and more special days at home, oh and a good pot of Earl Grey Tea would be nice ! Might need cake and a Bake Off catch up on Tuesday, that's good for the soul ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment