Sunday 1 November 2015

The Art of Saying NO

Learning to say No 

Who has learnt the art of saying NO ?

                               
      
I feel very guilty when I say no to people , when I don't go out of my way to meet them or at least their expectations of me. It's just so hard, I feel mean and worry that they'll feel I'm not bothered about them. It's like you are rejecting them and not being a good friend. However by pleasing them you're not thinking of your own needs. 

     But now I'm sat here , the extended half term break is over and I feel more tense than when it started. I should be relaxed ready for the working week ahead but I can feel the sore tension in my shoulders, my throat is sore and I feel like a cold maybe brewing. I guess I have burnt myself out.  I want or need breathing space but it's not going to happen, I've left it too late it's Sunday Evening . Tomorrow the wheel of early starts , school runs and working days begin again. I'm not sure going to work in the dark and returning in the dark will lighten my mood either ! Please be reassured I'll try my best to be sunny and upbeat and not a grumpy old woman. 

I shouldn't complain I'm only in work two days this week but the early starts happen every morning. I'm also going through a period of insomnia again, my mind in over drive and full to bursting. I've tried that talking to a fellow human being malarkey this week it works to a point but I feel I understand myself better than anyone else ! I just don't feel the need to share all my thoughts as I often find other people's opinions attempt to cloud my own thoughts . Things then become more of an issue. Anyway this wasn't about my sleeping pattern......or my inner turmoils ! 

    Saying no, it's my fault, I need to man up and say enough now I need space. I should have kept one day for myself. No running around, no appointments, no meetings, phone calls, no changing plans, nothing grown up. Maybe just a day of daytime TV, magazines, the Internet, cake and copious amounts of tea. Might as well add in comfy PJ's and a blanket on the sofa. Anyway no good dreaming now. These things will have to wait. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the school holiday I did , always nice seeing friends......and eating. I just need to remember I'm important too, I matter and if I'm functioning below par that has a domino effect on the rest of my family. 

    So the best I can now do is candle lit bath, music and an early night. Saying that though I've been asleep at 9.30 for the past two nights. 

   I will learn the art of saying no before the Christmas Holidays ......maybe ? Probably not I think even more people will want a piece of my attention then !  

         
    

No comments:

Post a Comment