Monday 14 December 2015

Jigsaw - a peace (piece) of mind.

Jigsaw - a peace (piece) of mind.




Peace of mind - noun the absence of mental stress or anxiety 

Piece of mind - give somebody a piece of one's mind . To express one's opinion  strongly; to voice one's disagreement or dissatisfaction , especially with another person; to scold or rebuke someone.

Oh how these two are entwined in my life, like that tangle of fragile silver chains discarded in your jewellery box. How wonderful to be truly free from mental stress and anxiety, I doubt if any of us are that lucky. 

Having a peace of mind is quite important I think as it makes you appreciate all you do have in life rather than what you feel isn't right or is missing. 

I think a peace of mind can be achieved by living in the present. I know a lot of my stresses and anxieties are linked to what I have been through in life already and what I fear for my future. I think actually for me the uncertainty of the future makes me most fearful . When I get like that I try to remind myself ( it's often bloody hard) that this very moment right now is all I really have. I cannot change what has happened to me and I have limited control over what will happen because of certain actions. I have to embrace what I have now and enjoy it. Take each day as it comes and live it fully with no regrets. When my mind tries to wander I drag it kicking and screaming back to the moment which is now. I know I'm lucky as most of my days are good ones.



Peace can of course be very hard to achieve especially when you are going through tough periods in your life , it takes effort and time. We are worth investing in so please make time for yourself. I feel if I go down mentally I'll take too many people with me so I'm worth stabilising ! 

    We can all find things that help us feel more at peace, what do you do to relax and chill ? 
For me I sometimes need to walk, it doesn't need to be anywhere special but I enjoy visiting NT houses and gardens. I just like to breath, breathing seems so much easier when you're walking amongst the trees and fields (I am an inner City girl !) I also like walking to Clifton Village and walking over the Suspension Bridge, I like the Downs too. Visiting the monkeys at the Zoo, they really relax me and make me smile. I like taking photographs when I'm out and about as well.
    The gym is also a good place for me, I find I work out better if I have some tension or anger to work through on the machines ! I can also swim there, I find water incredibly relaxing . The bath is therefore another perfect place for me. I love the sound of the sea over pebbles but that's not always available !
      Solitude is another thing I crave. Sometimes I can have interacted with too many people and I need space to feel at peace. That's sometimes hard to find in a busy household. That's probably why I like retreating to my bedroom in the evening. Me time is very important. 
    Writing is a great firm of therapy, it doesn't matter if any of you read this. It's not important as the important bit is that I have released my thoughts into cyber space ! If this gets read it's a bonus....maybe.
          Finding the right person to talk to can make a huge difference to how you feel inside. Knowing there is someone who is there for you, someone that knows you and how you tick. If you find that person you're very lucky.


      So I urge you to find some activity that makes you feel more relaxed. So that's a "peace of mind "explored ! 
  
  Moving onto giving someone a "piece of (your ) mind" I'm either fabulous at this......ok, ok sometimes a little opinionated and harsh or I'm bloody rubbish. Then I usually just mutter under my breath in madness or run the conversation that never was in my head a few times ! 
     Why don't we allow everyone to know exactly what we think of them ? Politeness, fear of the consequences, lack of effort, not wanting to antagonise or rock the boat, maybe we are just too nice and non confrontational. Many reasons I guess.
               So that's probably why I'm having an odd Christmas yet again with my Ex and his mother, actually stranger than the past 4 years. My teeth are gritted, I've moaned to everyone else but them . I guess I hold back because it's not all about me, children's needs always come first ( well with me as their mother ) and I'm not divorced yet so still toeing the line until we've signed our agreement. I guess giving S a piece of my mind would take rather a lot of time and emotional energy for very little gain. He just wouldn't get it, I think he has the toughened hide of a rhino !  So I guess if you're giving someone a piece of your mind make sure you can spare it. X


No comments:

Post a Comment