Sunday 2 February 2014

Goodbye January and Hello February !



I hate wishing time away, time is so precious and given to us to enjoy but I feel I have just been moving forward. Perhaps existing rather than living, of course there were happy times but the fear of Eloise's appointment and angio hung over us like a dark shadow. Now that appointment is in the past, we have the results all positive. Normal ( I love that word ) coronary arteries, then a good Tacro result topped off with the zero rejection result of Eloise's cardiac biopsy. So we can say goodbye January, you came good in the end ! 
        Hello February we have lots of lovely family time planned, highlights being Henry's 5th Birthday, how did that happen do quickly ? We also have our annual trip to Butlins in 2 weeks time. The children love going there, the swimming pool and slides being the biggest thrill....For them not me , I just freeze following Henry around from one pool to the next ! 
            Yesterday the 1st of February was a new beginning for me, I met up with 9 other people who I have never met before and went to the MShed and looked at a photography exhibition with them. 


Wildlife Photographer of the Year, being honest wildlife and animals aren't my thing but photography is ( not any good at it, just an enjoyable hobby ) So we spent 2.5 hours together, looking at the pictures and chatting over coffee and cake. Nice group 5 ladies and 4 men. I have joined City Socializer, a way of meeting people for friendship, all ages, male and female. Lots of events planned you just sign up for any that interest you. So I have chosen 3 more events, will report back ! It is so hard as an adult to meet new people. Even though I have lived in Bristol for 17 years my friends are my work mates past and present and a few people I have met because of the children . I guess I became a mum almost as soon as we moved here so never experienced Bristol as a single person. Now I am ! 
               Yesterday I also changed my FB status from separated to single.
         Although I prefer this quote ! 

I decided that I am no longer separated , separated from what ? No one I want to be with . The relationship status seemed to me like I was holding onto something which I'm not. I am complete .

I feel really positive and I am looking forward again after life being on hold for a while. I appreciate we are very lucky and have a good quality of life as a family . 

So Hello February we welcome you with open arms , another chapter in our life awaits us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment