Thursday 25 September 2014

25th September

             
                                   

Yesterday I celebrated my Birthday , I'm not one for making a fuss about my birthday. I'm grateful of course to be another year older, to be well and of course happy. 

                        

However yesterday was more of an event than normal. Such a stark contrast to last year when Eloise had a routine GOSH out patients appointment scheduled on my Birthday.

       Eloise had had her first rejection episode in June and had been successfully treated with IV methylpred and oral steroids. Her regular medication had been changed and all seemed good. She looked great, a little hamster chops but otherwise she felt great, the day before clinic she was doing Cross Country. So although I had the usual pre appointment tension I wasn't on high alert. It had potential to be a nice clinic, lots of families we know well were there too. So coffee and cake was planned to celebrate my Birthday. 

        Of course as soon as Eloise had her echo and Ecg it was a different story, low voltages, fluid around the heart ( pericardial effusion) and more worrying she was tamponading. Basically the fluid around her heart meant it couldn't beat effectively ! Yet even her consultant by examing her couldn't see any physical signs. This meant she needed to be admitted immediately for cardiac monitoring. Of course we had no belongings. In the end I bought her a few toiletries and a nightdress and made the decision to leave Eloise in Gosh and travel home. Hideous, just hideous, I hate her not being home, it's not right it frightens me but I had no choice. 

                                        

      I travelled home alone to be with the other children and pack up a bag with our belongings. I didn't feel like celebrating , even eating cake was wrong. Weirdly S who only sent me one bouquet of flowers during our marriage sent flowers but by the time we eventually returned home properly they were past their best. 

One year on , the day started with gifts and cards, including this lovely drawing by Henry of him with Warren and I carrying balloons. Warren is bald in the picture as according to Henry he has no hair......stop shaving it off Warren !!!!! 
      

I then spent the day in Town, Brunch in Debenhams with 3 of my lovely work ladies a breakfast baguette . We had a good matter and catch up. A Mooch around the shops , bought a couple of nice things in the Fat Face sale. Then Soho coffee for lunch with my friend E and her baby boy. I Chilled out after the school run, caught up with over 130 facebook messages , felt the love ! 

In the Evening once Warren arrived we had a Hotcha ( Chinese ) Takeaway , very yummy , followed by Cider and GU cheesecake. I bought the obligatory Colin the Caterpillar birthday cake for the children. Thought adding 45 candles to him might have broken his back ! Then I managed to sleep through most of Forrest Gump despite Warren's snoring , should have smothered him with a cushion ! So a pretty damned perfect birthday and I still have a purse full of money to spend and a meal out tomorrow night to look forward to , I think I shall have a Birthday long weekend to make up for all the rubbish ones and the one the Ex completely forgot ! 

                                       

                    My lovely four leafed clover Pandora charm from my Irish x


Sadly what I really wanted didn't happen, a lovely young lady I know was called into hospital for a potential Heart and Lung Transplant, she was prepped for surgery but sadly the heart wasn't good enough. She's been waiting so long I'm totally crushed for her. At the beginning of the year we guessed a date for her transplant my guess 25th September, I wished on my two Birthday candles as well. I'm hoping the right gift of life comes for her soon . I also wish for a gift of life for my friend Pineapple's son and for all those waiting to receive the organ transplants they desperately need. All we can do it continue to promote the organ donor register, to keep shouting until the majority sign up. #UnitedWeStand 

      

Miracles can happen, miracles do happen, mines asleep in the next room .Eloise had less than 24 hours to live when her transplant call came. I believe........





    


No comments:

Post a Comment