Sunday 24 May 2015

25th May (25/05/1996)

      
       
Today 19 years ago (25/05/1996) I got married to S after meeting almost three years previously in 1993. We met in a nightclub in Exeter, Warehouse and Boxes, two areas playing different music. Every month the club held a night for emergency workers so I often went with my nursing buddies. S was down at the Waterfront with his work colleagues he was temporarily in Exeter for the Summer working on a project for South West water. We met because someone gave him a free ticket. We danced a little together and chatted and that was it. Fast forward another month, another emergency services night and we met again. He'd been trying to find me for a month, this time we exchanged contact details. I was actually dating someone at the time, nothing serious though as I was leaving Exeter in 3 months. Off to Brighton to do my paediatric nursing training. I must then admit to two timing, best to keep your options open , right ? However my previous boyfriend then started talking of leaving Exeter, his job and his property and move with me, eeeccckkk panic ! So that was the end of my "double life" S and I spent a great Summer together enjoying the surrounding beaches and nightlife, we even went to Menorca together before I moved to Brighton. We continued to date and in 1994 we got engaged. 

      Strange to think under the circumstances how we got together, being in the right place at the right time ? If he'd not been given a nightclub ticket we'd never have met. Also factor in his decision to return to the venue one month on and the fact I was there and not working. Fate ? 

     Obviously things never worked out in the end, as a couple no Happy Ever After but that's not to say life isn't good for us both. Perhaps we never should have married, such different type of people, from our backgrounds, to our education and beliefs but look at those amazing four creatures we produced and tell me they shouldn't be here. I love them so deeply, children in my opinion are the best gift anyone can have and S gave me four of them. 

                                       
    
Today is a strange one, I'm going to be spending my ex Wedding Anniversary with Warren in Exeter, we'll probably go down to the Waterfront. Warren has never been to Exeter, I'll show him where I spent 4 happy years of my life over the next 3 days.
 My youngest 3 children are in Eastbourne with S and yesterday he took them to Brighton where I spent an amazing 18 months. I doubt he took them to the hospital where he proposed to me after getting in a fight while drunk and having his head glassed ! To add to the situation the children have spent the weekend at S's house where he lives with J the "Best Woman" at our Wedding.  It's weird how life turns out. This time last year I'd never have thought I'd be dating an Irish man, or any guy for that matter ! 
                                    

So let's see where I am next year. Divorced I hope, god it's dragging on and on , solicitors are money drainers for sure ! I hope to host a party, a celebration not because I'm divorced that's no achievement but a new beginnings party. 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment